Understanding Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis causes severe pain in the bottom of your heel. The role of the plantar fascia is to absorb the shock while walking and provide support to the arch of your foot. This ligament goes through a great deal of stress throughout your daily life, making plantar fasciitis one of the most common orthopedic complaints. When the plantar fascia gets inflamed, the inflammation causes stiffness and heel pain, especially when you wear shoes that don't support your arch. Our team at Active Wellness Chiropractic Center can help naturally reduce your foot pain or discomfort and prevent it from reoccurring.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
The pain of plantar fasciitis can become significantly more bothersome if you wear shoes without the proper support. The good news is that along with wearing proper shoes, massage therapy, exercises, and other chiropractic treatment options can help with pain relief. Some common symptoms of plantar fasciitis may include:
- Pain that increases when you stand on your toes or climb stairs
- Pain during the first steps you take in the morning
- Pain when standing for long periods of time
- Pain when doing certain exercises
- Pain or stiffness that worsens throughout the day
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
There are many benefits that come with seeking chiropractic care in Berkeley for plantar fasciitis treatment. Treatment plans for plantar fasciitis vary from patient to patient. However, some common techniques our chiropractor often recommends include:
- Stretching- Our chiropractor will educate you on certain stretches and techniques that will help to relieve the pain in your foot. You will not only do these stretches while in our office, but you will also learn exercises for stretching and strengthening your muscles while at home. Ultimately, these stretches and exercises will help reduce inflammation and pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
- Chiropractic adjustments- Some adjustments our chiropractor can do to your feet, spine, and ankles will help with pain relief. These adjustments are also beneficial for eliminating the pressure in your feet, so you can relax and naturally heal.
- Night splint- our chiropractor may recommend you wear a night splint while sleeping to help eliminate the pressure and pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
Visit Us for Natural Pain Relief in Oakland, CA
It's important to keep in mind that it may take a few months for plantar fasciitis to heal, but you can speed up the recovery process and experience pain relief sooner with the help of chiropractic care.
To learn more about plantar fasciitis or schedule a chiropractic consult, contact Active Wellness Chiropractic Center in Oakland, CA.